From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 06:13:18 -1000
jean-claude:
>It is why it is
>important to eat mostly in the luminous phase. and stay there. Guy Claude
>wrote that it was better to leave a meal unsatisfied than trying to get
>to the luminous phase  when it is not there( the instinctive appeal becoming
>more clear at the next meal). This has been my experience too.

Guy Claude can write such wisdoms but it is clear from people who know him
that he is no stranger to overeating. Leaving a meal unsatisfied is
certainly a way to make the food (any food) more attractive next time. But
doing so takes great neocortical intervention, repression actually--it is
the opposite of instinct (whatever that is). No animal would restrict its
eating to only great tasting food if there was only good or OK tasting food
available, would they?

>This loss of pleasure was happening too for me with a cooked diet; i had
>always to create new recipes more and more complex ( we see the flourishing
>market of cook books ).

Perhaps the method of building up some hunger for the next meal by skipping
one or two would've worked with your denatured diet as well?

>The aim of eating instinctively is to eat with happiness ( meaning what you
>want and what you need is the same) and if you get that from the way you
>eat, then that is wonderful .

My point is that I did NOT get that with raw foods over time. I wanted that
fifth baby coconut; I wanted that extra avocado; I wanted that extra mango;
etc. But I didn't really "need" it.

>Myself, i don't have any desire for cooked meats; it is too good raw.

I used to say the same thing. But I always remember how attractive cooking
meat smelled when I was instincto. My mouth would water from the neighbor's
barbecue but in my head I wanted raw meat, not cooked. Then I tasted some
cooked. It is like the finest aged raw meat--and aged plus cooked is even
better.

>The
>only cooking that i can appreciate tastewise is cooked tubers, any other
>vegetables is prefered raw (which veggies do you cook?)

I prefer sweet potatos raw to cooked and they are the only tuber we have
around much (My wife prefers them cooked). I have been eating about three
pounds of steamed kale a week--can't imagine how long that will continue.
Lots of stir fry (bok choy, broccoli, cauliflour, mung sprouts,
mushrooms--it varies). Still love raw salads. But make a meal of raw
veggies? It _very_ rarely happened on instincto. Indeed, we started eating
salads (an instincto taboo because the foods are mixed) after a few years
because it was a way to make veggies more attractive and crowd out some
fruit.

>i am
>at the same place and am eating less fruits  and more animals fats and
>vegetables than before( except that i prefer to eat them raw and so have no
>need to denature them to be able to eat more of them)

You are eating more veggies and RAF because your instinct demands it? Or
because your neocortex realizes that you tend to eat too much fruit? You
say you have no need to denature the foods to be able to eat more of
them--why didn't this happen "naturally" then? Why must you force yourself
a bit to lay off the fruit and test more veggies (if you're anything like
me animal fats are _easy_ to eat but hard to find ;)).

When you say you prefer raw veggies or raw animal fats--what does this
mean? You prefer them by smell and taste? Have you really laid out a
variety of such foods, raw, lightly cooked, and cooked consistently enough
to make the statement that you prefer them raw in every instance? I'm
willing to bet that your preference for raw foods is almost entirely
neocortical in deference to how cool you think Guy-Claude Burger's ideas
about instincto are. I used to make the same barricades myself, all the
while convincing myself it was instinct.

If you want to know about heroin, talk to an ex-junkie. If you wanna know
about instincto, you might learn something for an ex-instincto. ;)

>For the overconsumption of fruits it is precisely to compensate the
>relatively "too easy for the instinct" quality of domestic and selected
>fruits, that the instincto guideline  on restraining on fruits  came about.
>not to make it strict in one way or the other.

Let's talk straight here. It came about because instinctos were notoriously
pigging out on sweet fruit and didn't get the promised health benefits on
such a high carb diet. Then comes the ideation that, oh modern fruits are
too sweet, so one must limit their consumption. And now we hear the same
about animal foods (as an excuse for Guy Claude's wife's cancer death!).
Seems that the excuses (blaming society and history, even a single
uncompassionate person in the entire population) for the pratfalls of
instincto will become a growing industry.

By my reckoning, instincto will have come of age when it realizes that
veggies are the most domesticated class of foods--certainly easier to eat a
larger amount of modern veggie varieties raw than wild ones. Then, folks
will be "advised" by the instincto elders, that no food (fruit, veggie, or
animal) should be eaten unless they are starving to death! ;)

>I am curious to hear about the experiences of people on that list when they
>switch from a rich carbonhydrate diet to a rich protein and fat diet and the
>relationships between lipids, proteins and carbonhydrates. I observed myself
>many time that eating lot of animals products at a meal ask for more
>concentrated form of sugar at the next ( like honey).

Skip the carb in the next meal. Skip fruit for a couple weeks, and you will
see how addicting it is. I was unable to leave fruit alone for long until I
started cooking. Animal foods never lasted for more than a couple days good
taste, and then I'd be back at fruit again (raw veggies alone are not much
of a satisfying diet). Anyway, I never knew my true relationship with fruit
until I tried to do without it for a while.

>MOre fats seems to me leading to less need for sugar too.

Since humans are quite metabolically able to thrive in ketosis, I am not
sure what you mean by _need_ sugar. Interestingly, Aajonus Wonderplanitz,
another raw food guru advocates a diet of mostly raw animal foods
(including raw dairy). Fruit is very limited (but honey isn't...?). But he
has all these recipes and blender things to keep the RAF interesting. Is
there anyone out there doing great on RAF and raw veggies? It should be
entirely possible, but I couldn't do it. Maybe I should try again...just
for kicks.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft