From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:21:44 -0500
I think a lot of it is genetics. I have been lowcarbing for about a year
and a half. Not religiously and not paleo, but pretty faithfully LC. I am
gluten free, so don't eat those grains with B vitamins. (I do take a B
supplement). I drink wine and coffee. My cholesterol went from 199 last
January to 172 this January, with a ratio of 2.5. I am sure the lowcarbing
has had an effect on this. I do eat a lot of animal protein <G>. I get fat
when I eat high carb. I think each of us has to find our own magic bullet
re: cholsterol and there is no one answer. Needless to say, I was thrilled
with my test results this year! :-)

best,

Anne Washburn
North Carolina