From:
Geoff Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 2016 20:40:19 +0000

That is a very good point. Pre-agriculture, we have to accept that plant food was simply  not as widely available all year round.
There is also a similiar argument used by Weston-Price advocates:- namely that since certain ancient hunter-gatherer tribes ate certain foods, that that fact made those very foods fully  acceptable to modern humans, conveniently forgetting the fact that in palaeo times, megafauna etc. existed that perished well before  the Neolithic era.

Humans who are desperate will eat almost anything, however unhealthy. For example, several tribes have regularly eaten plants rich in cyanide such as cassava as part of their diet.
Geoff