From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:57:09 -0400
> The procedure described is useless for any determination concerning a living
> organism and is at best pseudoscience,

My understanding is that you can buy isolated lectins from bio
lab suppliers and then add them to a blood sample and observe the
results under the microscope. I seem to recall that the blood
sample is diluted somehow but don't remember the details. This
isfrom memory based on a conversation with a histologist a year
or so ago.  I don't know if any staining procedures are involved,
but I guess I could find out if anyone's really interested.

The long and short of what he told me is that it's doable but the
technique matters a great deal, because if absurd concentrations
are used just about anything will cause the blood to agglutinate.

The sad thing, to my mind, is that although it would be most
interesting to see some decent empirical work done on the
relevance of lectins the whole paleo argument, I don't expect to
see it anytime soon.

Todd Moody