From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 21:20:34 -0700
>Anyway back to the back problem...according to TCM, chronic low back pain
is
>a sign of Kidney weakness (not exactly the same as western kidneys, i.e.
not
>limited to the organ tissue
it sound from what you are writing that in TCM , the kidney concept take in
accompt the adrenal glands ( located above the kidneys incrusted in the fat)
which are the source of the life energy ( cortisone is a vital hormone
without it you can't live more than few hours), the animal essence JIng
could be those corticosteroids secreted by the adrenals and flowding the
blood  to fulfill  the vital metabolic processes .

Pain for me means  inflammation, . I have the experience while eating by
instinct of getting wounded
, or cut  ( many times ), or infected by staphylocoque with a big open
wound... and not hurting at all, except while getting cut ( so you know that
you are cutting yourself) or wounded.
If i don.t respect the instinctives signals to stop eating a given food and
overeat it i am sure to create an inflamation  response ( even more true
with meat) and the wound start to hurt, getting red , taking  longer to
close .itself or heal
 I had experience of that many times with back pain , i could make disappear
the pain if careful about respecting the "instinctive  stop" while eating
food.
I deducted like other instinctive eaters who had broken bones  for example ,
that inflamation, as generally experienced ,is not a necessary step to heal
or in a very much more mild form , contrary to the medical litterature who
see inflamation as unavoidable.
 Without inflamation there is no pain and it heals very fast  but  you still
get   acute signals in case a wrong mouvment could agravate the wound ( to
stop you to do it)..
for me that experience have a strong spiritual implication . That is  : it
is not necessary to suffer or sacrifice  to be happy (said like  that , it
is so obvious)
happy healing
jean-claude