From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:00:09 -0600
>If I shoot for lots of fat and lower protein, I overeat fat and gain weight.  Carbs seem irrelevant to that >situation.  I keep them low...doesn't matter, I still gain.  I do not find fat to be anywhere near as satisfying as >protein.  I know a lot of folks feel differently.

I'm with Nicole on this one. A big chunk of meat with fat on it - I can feel "full" and be satisfied for hours (even a day sometimes). A big chuck of fat without meat - I'm hungry again soon and will invariably overeat the fat. I can easily overeat nuts.

And, speaking of nuts - this past weekend I feasted a bit. Each year our town has a fundraiser for the local fire department, and the final event is the "Rocky Mountain Oyster Feed (or just "Nut Feed" to the locals)". They fry up several tons of rocky mountain oysters with various recipes, and serve them with a salad and potato. (Actually, my brother-in-law told me these were really "calf fries" - true rocky mountain oysters come from sheep). I tried a few of the "styles", one was breaded, the rest were not. IMO the the breading only exists so that some folks can't actually see what they're eating :). If you've never had them, they taste pretty much like chicken but have the consistency of a gizzard. Good eats, though. Although I did eat some of the potato, I think next time I will skip it and the salad and just load my plate up with the "Italian style" calf fries - unbreaded and fried with garlic, green peppers and onion. Yum.