From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:17:21 +1100
Hi Ann,

I also have MS and have been doing the paleo diet for about 4 years. I was
dx 5 years ago and straight away read all I could find on the internet about
it. Have you heard of Ashton Embry? I read his articles which sugest that a
paleo diet would help. I also read Roger MacDoughall's story where he did
his own research and after a few years of sticking to a paleo diet with no
sugars either, he went from being totally wheelchair bound to running up and
down stairs symptom free.

I find that this diet WORKS for me.

I don't have any symptoms any more. I never had anything too bad. I'd
sometimes wake up and find my back was numb or my legs, or arms. That was
the worst that has ever happened. Only once did I have trouble walking and
that lasted a couple of weeks.

I gradually stareted the paleo diet becuase I wasn't convince at first about
gluten or legumes but I cut out diary and sugar first.

Now I am paleo and have no symptoms. UNLESS..... I stray from the path and
have chocolate or don't get enough rest. Then I get a little numbness in my
fingers (but it doesn't stop them working at all) and I get tired.

I find I still get some sugar cravings which I attribute to candida
overgrowth. When I treat candida, the cravings go away and any MSy symptoms
go away too.

So, yes I have MS and yes, the diet works. Another good forum is at
www.ms-diet.org

Take care, Alison