Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:37:09 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
> So crop yield is best in terms of protein and calories for the _root_
> carrot and least with the grain.
> So root farmers should have succeeded if crop yeald was the key.
Is this per harvest? Grains are harvested 2 to 3 times a year, not sure
about potatoes and carrots, but I believe it's only once (I think you
can harvest potatoes more often but then yields are smaller and you
might have to use more of potatoes for the next crop, thus reducing
the yield further). If so, then the total yield per ha per year is
higher for the grains. The yeilds vary greatly between different
regions. What is the harvest potential of different crops in the regions
where the grain cultures flourished?

Ilya