From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 21:48:53 -0700
-----
Have you ever researched what strains of bacteria are most often found
on "ripe" meat, and what role they play in the balance of our (human)
intestinal flora?  (Just curious.  Having Crohn's, I have a tough time
getting the good bugs to take up residence in my guts once again, but
have low stomach acid that doesn't do a good job of keeping out the
bad
bugs that often accompany the good bugs on raw stuff.)

no,  and have no interest to find out . for me there is no such thing
as
good bug or bad bug. There is  a food web of microorganisms that are
interdependant and All are important to create an healthy ecosystem ..
to give you an analogy with the idea of pests in farming .
one bug is eating your crop so it is a "bad " bug , if you find a
second
bug that eat the "bad" bug  ,this second become a "good" bug . and if
this
second is eaten by a third  the 3rd is a "bad" bug , and on and on
along the
food chain ,now if frog come by and eat the good bugs as well as the
bad ,it
is good or bad ? what about the bird who eat the good bugs but also
fertilise the plant you are trying to protect by defecating on its
root?
etc.......

do you get the picture?

the food chain at the microscopic level is even more complex ( because
more
species) than at the macroscopic level .It is more truthfull to call
it a
food web and may be a 3 dimensional structure will be even more
representative .

health is certainly at the opposite of this tendancy to discriminate ,
sort out
things .in fact health have the same root than whole (hal).

by wanting to eradicate the germs i am afraid that we are going to
have to
eradicate ourselves in the process. All forms of life and non life are
INTERDEPENDANT.
good luck in healing your inner ecosystem.
jean-claude