From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 09:22:32 -0400
On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:05:33 -0500, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It is hard to get full on rabbits alone.  One hour after I eat one I'm
>hungry for another.  The Inuit had a phrase "rabbit starvation" and knew
>that if you tried to live on lean rabbit meat alone one would starve - no
>matter how much you ate.

That is what i expected, Ray.
Above the protein needed for amino acids plus the downgraded as glucose
for the brain, you needed *enourmous* amounts of lean meat to satisfy
the at least 2000 kcal other energy needs.
Probably more meat as one could stand to eat.
Like Stephanssons "all meat" diet was not all meat, but some meat
and *much more* kcal from fat (about 2100 of 2600).
No wonder that your're "hungry for another" after one hour.
*This* is why todays pigs and cattle are bred (or better fed!) to become
so obese with 30 to 40% fat.

It is my observation, that the same fact is the real health problem
of the average (not paleo) meat eater, compared to vegetarians.
Having eaten one's protein as meat, most of the kcal energy
is still missing. The standard approach is to get this not from natural
fat, but from very very nasty carbohydrates (white flour, sugars,
cheap fats). Of course with missing micronutrients then.
Your diet has achieved to solve this problem (by promoting fat, and
forbidding the nasty carbohydrates).

On the other hand if one's attempt is to get his or her energy from plants,
the "nasty" carbohydrates don't work. Taking the natural food sources
(carbohydrates or fat from plants) from unmodified plants (like paleo),
provides plenty protein and fortunately plenty of micronutrients too.
The more paleo or "low-octane" - low density a food is,
the better it is in this aspect.

cheers

Amadeus S.