From:
Lauri Light <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:37:56 EST
Lois,
Thanks for your post re: candida. Here is a website where you can find out
about a relatively cheap and accurate blood test for candida:
http://www.antibodyassay.com/
From my research this is the only test that accurately determines if the
candida is indeed a systemic problem (beyond the gut). And if this is the
case, I believe lamacil is the best drug to treat a systemic infection. Those
I know who had a real serious problem with it (and ended up with auto-immune
diseases), take the lamacil for a period of time and then go off it and
retest. It's VERY difficult to erradicate when it's gone through the gut, and
when you go off the drugs the organism may grow back. Boosting the immune
system in any way you find to be effective is important.

Lauri L.
p.s. I used to read and post on this list, and havn't been around for the
past 6 months. I'm back now, for a spell at least.