Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:23:09 -0500
Hi, Sherri,

Can't help you with the Ontario stuff I'm afraid (I'm in England!)

As for how to approach the Paleo diet, I can offer you my experience. I
came to it from low-carbing, so had already got used to cutting out bread,
pasta etc., and people thinking I was weird :-) What has been difficult
with Paleo is giving up other things which I do really like e.g. coffee,
cheese, wine, dark chocolate (I will stop before the list gets too long!).
My strategy is not to say 'I will never eat this again in my entire life'
but rather to limit how often I have it, e.g. if it's something I used to
have every day, maybe have it every other day, then cut back to twice a
week, and then to once a week. I don't find that an 'all or nothing'
approach works for me. I know that occasionally I will be in situations
(e.g. when visiting parents) when I will be offered things which aren't
Paleo and if I want to, I will eat them and enjoy them, but then be strict
for a few days afterwards.

Also I try to think about the things I do like which are allowed on this
diet and try to be creative in using spices, herbs etc. in cooking, taking
the trouble to prepare interesting food and making it look nice. (It might
be worth looking at the Paleorecipe archives for ideas on this.)

Good luck!

Jo