From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:21:55 -0800
At 09:40 AM 10/31/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>There is a new mercury free dentist in Los Gatos who welcomes children.( and
>adults)  But I can't say he is exactly paleo....
>What do you guys do for a dentist?

        Eat to support health. The body will take care of the rest.

>Just as Weston Price wrote, when the mom has a poor (SAD) diet, the kids end
>up with crowded teeth. Also because I was on SAD so long I have fillings.
>First I had them drill out the mercury then put in the composite. Now for
>the remaining ones I am going to request gold as I feel that gold is more of
>a paleo material in the sense of being less aritficial.
>
> What do you guys think?

        Same thoughts I have but I have yet to have my fillings redone. When I do
I will go to Mexico. The work cost about 1/4 that of that in the U.S. and
the doctors are excellent! I had some teeth done for my mother there as
well as many recommendations from friends in border cities.

>Finally, Larry had two cavities. Am I doing something wrong with his diet,
>or could these cavities hark back to poor maternal diet (SAD)??

        Probably a contribution of both. Frequent brushing will also alter the
natural protective flora of the mouth.

>Do HG populations brush? Or do the raw bones keep their teeth clean?

        No and they aren't necessarily looking for food to clean their teeth. Just
so happens that a raw food natural unprocessed diet is tooth friendly.
        I had a dentist as a patient at one time and asked if he ever heard of
Weston Price? He answered with Weston who?

Dave