Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:47:31 -0400
Justin Hasselman said :
>>I'm eating only lean meats with just a few vegies.  My fat intake
> is virtually non existant with the exception of 1T cod liver oil ED.

> After using a ketosix strip, I found that I'm pretty deep into ketosis.  At
> first that seemed odd b/c I'm not eating much fat, but now I wonder if the
> ketone bodies being produced are from *bodyfat* being burned for fuel
> instead of ingested fat (someone one who knows more about ketosis can jump
> in here and explain why this is!)??

Yes.  Your body is running on its own fat stores. Makes sense to me!

> To be honest, I feel perfectly fine while using this diet.  And losing fat
> without doing a lot of cardio is fine by me.  I think I could continue to
> use fat w/o any cardio at all, so long as I keep my infrequent weight
> training at a high intensity.  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to quit doing
> cardio entirely, and just leave my workouts to a full body workout performed
> once per week and see if I can lower by BF further.

Check out the article by Dr. Dave L. on the site <www.cyberpump.com> if you
want to see an opinion/article about why we don't need cardio and why weight
training may suffice.  I've not read it yet, but my  husband has.  He stays
very lean with only infrequent cardio.  I'm not as lean as a female fitness
competitor, gymnast or body builder, but lean relative to most American
women.   (We both walk, for recreation and enjoyment during the warm months,
30-45 minutes 3-5x wk, with occasional longer walks when time permits and
the desire exists.)

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I know of some body builders who've
followed a similar stategy that you are using.

Rachel