From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:54:05 -0700
Hi Adrienne,
Thank you for the information. How does the ELISA tests work? Are needles used?
If I asked my allopathic doctor for these tests, would he refer me to
a nutritionist,  allergist or ?

>ate pork and afterward I had horrible water retention in my legs and
>stomach.

I found that I am itchy, gain weight, get RLS and arthritis from all
meat including 'grass fed' too.
So what shall we eat, then? I am eating fish only as my foot recovers
from very painful arthritis.
I am afraid to eat even 'grass fed' meat now. My last supplier sold
me meat that had been grassfed for 2 years but I learned had been fed
a 'pea mix' before that. So, I got RLS shortly after eating it.
I had been eating 'wild' meat only for years and it turns out that
most of it was farmed. How could one know the difference except to
acquire arthritis or something grave?
My son seems to be just as sensitive as I am but he eats the meat
because we are running out of options...
His rashes are uglier than mine. I mainly get intensely itchy.

Thank you again for your help. It is good to know someone in the same
paleoboat.
I remember there used to be a man from Europe who was paleo minus the
meat. I wonder how he is...?
Most disagreed with him but I am leaning that way. In Latin America
the cows are grass fed. There is a mecca for celiacs! (until grains
infest that area too)

Paleobest,
Susan