From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:38:35 -0700
>Mouthwatering  Dori  :-)    -   the recipe please !

Since two people asked for the "recipes" privately and Esben here on the
list, I'll take that as a sign that it'd be okay to post 'em here.  If not
interested, hit delete.

Pumpkin Pie

Crust - add 1/2 cup melted butter (or another fat if you totally avoid
butter; I eat it now and then) to 1.5 cups finely ground pecans.  Press into
a pie pan a la a graham cracker crust from days of yore.  I recommend you
put the pressed crust and pan in the freezer to keep any filling you pour in
from breaking through and ruining the pie; been there, done that. :(

Filling - I whipped up two cans of pumpkin (that being the only ingredient
of this brand; good for them!) and about 1.5 cans of coconut milk, 4 eggs,
spices and stevia to taste.  I had PLENTY left over, BTW, but thought too
much was better than not enough.  I glopped the mix into the pan and baked
for about one hour at 350.  Another method is the old 'stick in a knife'
routine; when it comes out clean, it's done.

Cranberry Sauce

Put one bag of cranberries into a pan and brought to a boil 'til they
popped; sorry, I didn't pay attention to how much water.  While this was
happening, put two bags of plain gelatin into 1/2 cup water, then stirred
this into a fair amount of the cran water and brought it to a boil.  Mixed
into the cranberries (and water left over) two shredded apples, about a cup
of raisins and a good amount of walnuts, probably near a cup, don't really
remember.  Stirred in stevia to taste (I obviously do a lot of things by
sight, not by measurements).  Finally, stirred in the gelatin, stirred it
around and put it in a container; I'm bummed that my kitchen lacks a mold
but oh, well.  No real work and pretty darn good!  Next time, I'll get a
mold.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO