From:
Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:33:43 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/00 9:09:01 AM CST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< And even though I count myself among those whose diet is
 dominated by meat, I have to admit that Amadeus's position has
 some merit, and furthermore it appears to be gaining ground among
 paleoanthropologists >>

Todd,
Speaking of a diet dominated by meat...I read yesterday that a study
done by
a cancer research group(don't have specifics with me) said that people
that
eat red meat 7 times a week or more have significant increases in the
risk of
cancers of the digestive system...colon, rectal, etc.
This was a blurb in a natural health type magazine.
Is there an increased risk just from the meat itself or because of
what is
eaten along with the meat? Is it because of the chemical changes that
occur
in cooked meat?
They did not go in to details...only said that meat that is cooked at
high
temps is carcinogenic.
I try not to be concerned when I read these kinds of things, but they
linger
in my mind. Can you or anyone shed some light on this concern?

Thanks,
Mary C.