From:
"Balzer, Dr. Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:51:52 +1100
Keith,
here's my full collection of omega links. Hopefully the Omega Diet page
www.teleport.com/~jor will be back up soon.

http://www.omega-3info.com/
http://www.infantvision.com/hcp_metabolism_en.html The diagram of the
production of fatty acids has one slight error- the last enzyme is the same
as the first enzyme i.e. they are both delta 6 desaturase (definite-
reference from Cordain). This is why the omega 6:3 ratio is particularly
crucial to people who get their omega 3's from plant sources (short chain
i.e. n-3 linolenic acid) rather than animal sources high in preformed DHA
and AA. The great flood of n-6 linoleic acid in most modern diets inhibits
the processing of linolenic acid, and also of the final step of production
of DHA and C:22:5n-6, and is further aggravated by synthetic trans fats (but
not dairy trans fats).
http://www.allergicpet.com/fattyacidsaller.htm Overview
http://www.brainchannels.com/Memory/food/brainfood.html Brain and Diet
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~mvaneech/Cunnane.html Brain diet and Shore foods
http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Articles/Nutrition/sald19.htm Excellent
http://www.issfal.org.uk/ The World Masters of Fats
http://www.medev.ch/pufa/index.html One of the world's best high level info
sources on omega 3 and 6
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,332-68304,00.html The Times

In essence, eat fish, eat organ meats (liver kidneys and if you stomach it
eat brains), avoid grains and grain oils. Nuts- walnuts macadamia, pecan are
OK. Eat lots of green vegetables. Eggs- choose Body Eggs in Australia- fed
on a mix of canola seeds and normal seeds which should give a superior
product to omega eggs( where the chickens are fed fish oil without added
antioxidants etc, and just generally strikes me as processing- and they
taste fishy).

Cheers
Ben