From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:07:02 EDT
I realize that many on this list try to eat organic and/or grass fed meats
when possible.  The usual assertions are that when ingesting typical feedlot
products, the toxins, etc. in the meat/poultry fat become stored in our fat
stores and also create fatty acid imbalances in our bodies.  However, I am
wondering if these alleged risks are not obviated by the fact that many who
follow a high fat low carb moderate protein regime are able to successfully
reduce their body fat stores and maintain ideal body fat compostitions.
Doesn't lower body fat mean less stored toxins?  Also, I'm confused as to why
the typical US feedlot meat is considered to be highly saturated when the
cows, pigs are eating corn  & soybeans, etc -- wouldn't this make the  beef
and pork fat highly unsaturated?

Adrienne