Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 10:43:18 -0600
william wrote:
> Wayne Wynn wrote:
>> > Ending the lives of millions of people would never be an
>> "achievement".
>>
>> Their lives are going to end anyway; no killing has to be done.
>> Personally, I think the bugs and natural disasters are going wipe out
>> a lot of us.
>>

> Yes, and breeding at less than replacement rate. IMO due to poisons,
> including media and "school".
>
> William

You'll find that the birth rates are dropping below replacement in the
most advanced countries.  The least advanced countries have a greater
replacement rate and better economic progress in them will result in a
lower birth rate.  High birth rates are left over from paleo times when
having as many children as possible was a primary means of passing on
genes since so many children died young.  A paleo society could expect
to have the traditional short and brutish and red in tooth and claw
lifespans with a very high childhood mortality.  Unless of course, you
somehow want to have your cake and eat it too.

Steve