From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:33:31 MDT
>In a message dated 16-10-00 07:59:50 US Mountain Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>  It seems to me that given the availability of such a wide array
>  of foodstuffs,

Pashinka then asked...
>Dear, kind paleo lister,
>with all due respect, please venture a guess as to what percentage of the
>wide array of fruits and vegetables available is genetically modified.

I don't want to get in on a dispute (if this is one), BUT...

I saw just last week that genetically modified corn made it into
Safeway
taco shells in addition to Taco Bell taco shells.  Just an interesting
FYI.

I will say that most fruits you eat are far removed from the original.
Look, for example, at strawberries at the Piggly Wiggly versus
strawberries
in the wild.  If you haven't seen wild strawberries, they're tiny
compared
to the supermarket variety.  The same shape and color but somewhere
between
the size of a raisin and a marble.  Bigger and sweeter = more
carbohydrates.
  I don't know if this means genetically modified, but I think
"fiddled
with" would describe them.

Dori Zook