Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 06:55:38 -0800
How much are meat slicers, and where do you get them, I want a really basic
one, just to slice meat for pemmican.

Also, I got some elk and venison from a very kind taxidermist, he said he
has 200 pounds (!) of elk and is a hunter himself as well.

I found him extremely willing to donate when I told him about my son's
medical condition. I did offer to pay, but he would not accept anything. Is
there a law about selling wild game??

If anyone has any info on how to use wild game, I would appreciate it. Right
now I am thawing out something labelled "O-Roast" and was planning to slice
it and make it into pemmican.

I also got a pack labelled "stew meat" should I just thaw it and slice it
for pemmican?

Hope these questions are not too dumb but this is all uncharted territory
for a former McDonalds/Taco Bell  frequenter.

Will we get the benefit of wild game meat if we use beef suet to preserve
it, that is, does the corn and soy residue stay in the fat? I am hoping to
get some benefit from wild game as it is a different protein, I feel my son
needs some variety in protein.

Thanks a bunch!

Moira