From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 14:20:02 -1000
Dave:
> Frequent brushing will also alter the natural protective flora of the mouth.

Andy:
>> This is new to me. Can you give more details ?

Dave:
> Bacteria and viruses require a very specific environment in which to
> survive. Those that survive in the mouth require that the mouth be within a
> very specific range of environmental conditions. An example would my great
> nephew at about 3 years old. He developed not only cavities but oral thrush
> with a chronic fever.

This was because he brushed his teeth?!?

>He was placed in the hospital and given intravenous
> antibiotics and antipyretics. My sister (his grandmother) called and asked
> for my help since he was not improving and was actually worsening. A simple
> history told me his diet(mostly breads and cereals) was a major
> contributing factor.

What about the dangers of altering the naturally protective flora in the
mouth by brushing?

> I told my sister to stop brushing his teeth, stop the sugars, stop the
> drugs, start vegetables, some fruit, nuts and seeds, and meat. The thrush
> went away almost immediately.

If it happens again, try telling your sister to click her heels together
three times and say, "there's no place like" repeatedly instead of the brush
cessation. Kinda like a doubly-bubbly blind study to see if it makes any
difference.

>The medical doctors were of course
> dumbfounded as to his recovery.

Of course.

>No surprise to me though. The body's Innate
> healing capacity can heal us from any condition if given an opportunity.
> Cavities are no match for the power that animates our bodies.

I thought frequent brushing was the culprit. It is so very complicated,
isn't it?

Cheers,
Kirt