From:
Julie Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:23:24 -0800
Susie wrote:

> If I can successfully heal myself after 9 years on insulin through
> completely natural means, I believe anyone can heal themselves
> naturally.
>
> I am a far cry from being in a hospital somewhere suffering from
> "ketoacidosis". Today, I am feeling and functioning better than ever
> before.

Susie-- please give us a little more information-- what have
your blood sugars been running?  Of course you didn't need
insulin while you weren't eating anything.  And possibly
while you are strenuously exercising-- if you burn off all
the blood glucose you will probably get by on little or no
insulin.  What was your latest Hemoglobin A1C level?  (For
those of you who don't know what that is-- your hemoglobin
"soaks" up extra blood sugar.  These glucose saturated
hemoglobin molecules hang around in your body for about 2-3
months.  The measurement of  how many of these molecules are
saturated can tell us an average of what diabetics blood
sugar has been running.)  But, Susie, for you to eat a
normal amount of food, and if you are truly a Type 1
Diabetic (your pancreas fails to produce any insulin), then
you won't be healthy if you don't have some exogenous
insulin.  If, by chance, that you really were a Type 2
diabetic (your body produces your own insulin, but your
tissues are resistant to it) then you may very well do fine
with dietary control.  Please do give us some more
information.  We are interested in your progress.  Also, you
mentioned being on insulin for 9 years.  How old are you?

Julie