From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:17:36 +0200
Ken Stuart wrote:

>>... the meat eaters vs the vegetarians thing.....
>While that issue can be debated elsewhere, it is not relevant here,

>as meat eating is part of Neanderthin by definition.
Meat eating may be part of Neanderthin by definition but IMO
not necessarily of *any* paleodiet.
Neanderthin is a main promoter of the idea of a
paleolithic style diet. There may be other implementations
of a nutrition based on the known facts about the actual
paleolithic diet, as the nutrition described in neanderthin.
Unfortunately Neanderthin fails to support persons which have choosen
not to eat animals.
I think persons interested in the principles of eating following
the principles of foods imtems adapted to in paleolithic times
should not fight with each other, but rather support each other.
Otherwise Neanderthin or the paleodiet will degenerate to a
justification why to eat animals. Who feels this is necessary...

>Ray writes in Neanderthin:

>"Meat is an important part of any healthy diet fed to a primate.
While beeing part of the diet, the part is very small in percentage
for primates (I found 2% at a Goodal Report). It
konsists mainly of insects.
Does this small part justify a 100% essential demand?
While other primates life on a food composition of
mainly fruit, humans are more capable to eat roots, tubers, nuts
seeds.

>Recent zoo
>studies have shown that monkeys fail to thrive or reproduce

>successfully when
>denied animal protein.
There are animal proteins other than meat, of course.
Did these studies examine - aw, nuts?
I'd like to at last fokus on other ingredients as only protein.
Protein needs and maximum healty intakes may be debated.
Vitamin and mineral minimum needs are mostly scientifically

established.

What about foods never found in the food chain, in africa , in the
paleolithicum?
Tomatoes? Paprica? Genetically modified Fruit?
or Animals like Cow(descending from the european Auerochs)?
Cow protein is annother protein as antelope or insect.

best hopes and
regards
Amadeus

--