From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:26:46 +0300
> The more fundamental issue is that of the health benefits.  How do you
> reconcile the fact that chronic disaease such as heart diease and cancer
> and degenerative diseases really didn't exist very much at all throughout
> most of history, while people were stuffing their faces with bread,
cheese,
> potatoes, and other non-paleo food.

it only takes 5 minutes to see the paleo model is terminally flawed once you
consider who are the longest lived groups of peoples. Hunzas and Georgians
do not eat a paleo diet.
having said that, it would be just as stupid to assume that we shoudl all
eat like them to live to a long age.
Humans have obviously developed over time their metabloisms to adapt to food
appropriate to their environment.

Andrew