From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:48:31 -0500
Any female paleos out there have good experiences with this way of eating
and its effect on their hormones and/or menopause.  I am still too young
for menopause, but know some women who are going through it and are being
takin hormone replacement therapy prescribed by their doctors.  I also know
several younger women use natural progesterone cream.  I would like to
avoid taking hormones of any sort (I've never even taken the pill.) and
rely on a strict paleo diet with plenty of bone strengthening exercise.  Is
this unrealistic?  In Japan, for instance, I understand that women don't
have "hot flashes" nor are they prescribed various hormone cocktails.
Thoughts, suggestions?