From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:50:50 -0700
Thanks for all the dialogue about food intolerances.
My wife can eat just about anything and therefore I
think sometimes that I am being unnecessarily
restrictive.

Is there anyone on this list who has experimented with
an essentially meat only diet?  I  am finding
vegetables to be less necessary and even giving me
digestive problems.  I have anaphylatic type reactions
when I eat eggs.  Therefore, I have to avoid eggs
which it seems that several of you eat.  I have been
eating more meat, mostly red meat.  Typically, I work
out for 1 - 2 hours in the morning then eat about 1
pound (pre-cooked) ground sirloin/hamburger about 45
minutes or so after.  I find that my meals are best
spaced about 5 hours apart with no snacking.  I am
still trying to find what works best for lunch and
dinner.  I have been trying beef heart or beef stew
for lunch with a little veggies.  Dinner is often
crock-pot cooked lamb with some root veggies and
well-cooked greens.  My biggest concern is asthma
which I think is triggered by acid reflux.  As far as
the meat only diet, which I seem to be gravitating
towards I am interested to know if anyone has
sustained such a diet for an extended period of time.
I am alittle concerned about what I have read by Eades
about the high level of arachidonic acid in red meat
which worsens asthma problems.

Mike Raiti

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs