From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:13:16 +0000
>>Pecans are close to the original..............some wild ones are still
>>growing in the southeast and are not so different from cultivated ones.
>
>I have no idea how the tree got there, but there's a pecan tree in the side
>yard of my family home and I can tell you this - there is no comparison
>between your standard, store-bought pecan and fresh pecans.  Store nuts are
>all but nut-shaped leather; fresh pecans are plump and slightly sweet,
>heaven in the palm of your hand.
>
>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

I have two city-owned huge pecan trees in front of my house. The trees are
very messy; leaves, sap, flowers, twigs, and falling branches; a mess for
all seasons. Beautiful, though. The nuts, however, are small, full of
fibrous partitions, and with worms, too. The squirrels get them all.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!