From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:09:49 -0800
>Othostatic hypotention is one symptom you might have, slightly lower
>BP is another (say 110/70), though I am not saying that adrenal exhaustion
>is the only reason for this. Lower sex drive is another possible
>symptom.

i will add to that , nausea when very low on cortisone ,attraction to salt,
dehydratation  ( because not able to keep the cell sodium level so waisting
of water.

>As for what might be missing from the body for it to occur:
>1. Generally it is not a shortage of something, but rather an elevated
>   requirement for adrenal hormones that are a problem.
>2. Lack of sleep alone can induce it (actually not just can, but will,
given
>   enough time).
>3. High levels of emotional of physical stress
>4. Hypoglycemia
>5. Lack of vitamin C or zinc. I believe adrenals have the highest
concentration
>   of C in the body.
 very important point is made here , over demand for cortisone to respond to
stressful situations is exhausting the adrenals. But there is the
possibility of autoimmune process destroying the adrenal cortex and no
succeful stress management could do something about it,
I don't have functionning adrenal cortex any more
the description given here of the possible cause and the symptoms are right
on . with artificial intake of cortisone i must lead a stress free life
overwise every stimuli can become too much and overwhelming. Not being able
to respond is a very unsafe place to be. Anxiety is associated to adrenal
exhaustion.
In fact that was the most stricking change for when i switched to
instinctive eating: a sudden drop in the level of anxiety that followed each
meal.
 my system was not able to deal with the stress of digesting non foods like
cooked grains or dairies. Once this burden was lifted ,  my chronique
anxiety got lifted too.
jean-claude