From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:55:28 -0500
My weight this morning is 156.2 which is down 1.8 pounds from this
same time yesterday and 6.6 pounds overall.

That salsa (or those roasted bell peppers) that I had on Friday night
caused me to gain water weight that didn't subside until this
morning.  I will say this: my body is much more efficient right now
at removing stuff it doesn't like.  Wow.  That's all the details I'll
add right now in case anyone is having breakfast while reading this.

Day to day energy levels have been up and down.  Workouts are very
interesting in this way.  Short bursts of energy are there, no
problem.  So I can complete any single set exercise to the same level
as before the diet started, if not better.  Sprinting capability is
there. But my couple of attempts at longer duration exercise
(running) have been futile.  This seems to directly contradict what
Phinney found, but it doesn't as he was having his subjects do longer
exercise -- what we'd consider conventional aerobic exercise.

To me this might mean the paleo hunter, coming off a period of
carbing, could still engage in normal hunts two or three times a week
but wouldn't be making the marathon jogging trip to the next savanna
over.

One last thing I've never mentioned but should.  I am supplementing
with potassium and magnesium as well as ensuring I get enough salt.
And I've really been wanting to drink a lot of water every day -- no
force feeding, just satisfying that desire.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com