Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:45:40 -0500
Paleo Phil wrote:

>> tiny quibble (microbiologically speaking) :)
>>
>> Actually, the main concern with ground foods is that even with
>> properly clean blades which grind the food, there is significant
>> increases the surface area of food exposed to air. The blades
>> mechanically cause the entire sample of meat to be 'seeded' with
>> any bacteria present as the blades pulverize the food.
>>

> Good point. I forgot about that.

If it were a real concern, I should be dead.
I have been making jerky for months now, and eating some of it before
grinding and adding tallow to make pemmican.
I make jerky by rolling ground beef to 1/8" and drying it at 95°F for
two days. It was only a week ago that I began to sprinkle a little salt
on (for taste).

There are also those who eat "high meat", which is so rotten that they
won't open the jar in the house. Their health improves.

It follows that the germ theory of disease is a big fat lie.

William