From:
The Odd Doll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:22:34 -0500
One thing that has helped me tremendously was the realization that I was just
torturing myself out of habit. It was the self-denial thing: I can't have those
See's candies, therefore I must want those See's candies, therefore I am
suffering because I am not eating any of those See's candies. If I stopped and
really listened to my body, I realized that I wasn't hungry, I had no craving for
chocolate (or any other carb), and I had a distinct memory of how cruddy I
felt when I used to eat them. The truth was I didn't *want* any candy or
anything else like that.

Of course, it is much more difficult during the first few days when you are
coming off that carb addiction and you're starving all the time.

Marianne