From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:24:42 -0800
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:19:14 EST, Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Define vegetarian. I have never seen a healthy long term Vegan.

A vegetarian does not eat meat.  This usually means not eating anything that
requires an "animal" to be killed (as opposed to vegetable or mineral).

This means that dairy products and eggs can be eaten.

A vegan eats as if there were no other animals on the planet, ie farming does
not include any animals in any way, hence not even dairy products or eggs are
eaten.

I'm sure there are precise definitions at www.beyondveg.com .

--
Cheers,