From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:45:00 -0500
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:33:03 -0500, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Ending up only eating 1216 calories on day one.  Got into my protein
> range with 79 grams but didn't want much else.
>
> Feeling well on day two and suspect that I'll begin to crave fat soon.

With only 1200 calories, you'll be craving something soon enough -- that's
a "starvation level" diet for the average man, even more so if he's
exercising hard.  Unless you only weigh 100 lbs, your recovery ability
will crash rapidly without more calories.

> One other interesting thing: I was unbelievably thirsty last night and
> had about a quart of water before bedtime.  Didn't need to get up in
> the night last night and had very little urine this morning.  Wonder
> what that's about?

Dehydration, apparently.  ;-)

Higher protein consumption and hard exercise both require more water.
Your protein consumption isn't terribly high though.  Heavy carb
consumption can also take a lot of water.  For example, when reloading
muscle glycogen, your body needs 3 grams of water for every gram of
carbs.  Maybe your carb consumption on the previous day (before day one)
had slightly dehydrated you?

--
   Robert Kesterson