From:
Wayne VanTassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:36:05 -0500
At 08:56 PM 8/3/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/3/99 6:51:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< My question to all of you is this:  Has anyone found a somewhat cost
> effective, time effective way to have pets on a paleo diet? >>
>
>I'd suggest joining one of the lists through www.onelist.com
>Rawdiet, BARF( bones and raw food ) are two of the better ones, IMO... There
>are a good many, some breed specific, also here is a link to the BARF FAQ
[snip]

I agree.  There are also several good books.  _Give Your Dog a Bone_ and
_The Ultimate Diet for Dogs and Cats_ are two good ones.  I tend like the
latter a bit more than the former.  Feeding this way doesn't have to be
that much more expensive.  I certainly don't think it's more expensive than
feeding the pricey speciality commercial brands.

I urge you to try/continue feeding your dogs the foods they have evolved to
eat.  I've seen a huge improvement in the health of my dogs since I
switched.  Like us, dogs did not evolve to eat a grain based diet.

Actually, I got into paleo eating a roundabout way through my dogs.  After
seeing what a difference a species appropriate diet had on them, I
investigated the species appropriate diet for the human species, and
discovered paleo.  Neither me nor my dogs will ever go back.

(I have two hunting dogs by the way (field bred english springer spaniels))