From:
Judy Appelhanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:39:29 -0500
Hi, I just joined this list as I am starting this WOE next Monday after all the 4th of July activities are over.  I am married with 5 sons, one who is married and has blessed me with a grandson and  a brand new granddaughter.  I work in special education during the school year and have a little sewing business when not at school.  I have been trying different WOE for several years.  I have trried several low-carb diets and haven't been very successful as I end up with the same problem every time:  How do you stay with these WOE when your family will not give up their junk and you don't always have time to prepare 2 separate meals?  I start out really well and then get tired of the double meal prep.  Can anyone help me with this?  I still have a 14 and a 16 year old at home, and my DH is not one to try a lot of new foods.  My doctor said I needed to read The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain, Ph.D and it has been fascinating reading.  I currently have high blood pressure and my doctor wants me to lose weight(as do I!)  Any suggestions as to how to work this around picky people would be appreciated.  Thanks,
             Judy A.

PS.  I hope I have posted this to the right place.  If not, I apologize.