From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:40:07 -0500
I agree with you about the kids.  Ever try to get kids to eat vegetables,
and they don't even start to try to eat them, but they will down a whole
bottle of Tylenol?
What gives????????????

With carbs, I don't think it is just carbs..............at least not fairly
natural carbs.  But really look at what kids and adults eat when they don't
really care what they eat...................chips, cookies, candy, biscuits,
ice cream, donuts, sugar cereals, pancakes smothered in syrup, etc.  THAT is
the normal American diet.  Then add a constant supply of sugar via soft
drinks, fruit drinks, sugar laden yogurt, pie.  It goes on and on.  I'm a
parent and live the normal American life, mingling with many other
parents............this is the norm.  School food is all like this too.
Eventually the pancreas  and the tissues of the body are poisoned by this
steady stream of high glycemic index foods, day after day, week after week,
year after year.  It breaks down the body eventually, for most
people..............leading to obesity, high blood pressure, stroke, heart
disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and an addiction to these foods.  We all
suffer in different degrees, and in different ways.
But to compare a Vietnamese person's diet of rice, with little or no sugar,
is not a good comparison.  How many Mountain Dews are they drinking?  How
many dunkin' donuts for breakfast?  No, their diet is practically paleo
compared to the normal American diet.