From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:01:49 EST
THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR RESPONDING!
Re: HDL and Hypothyroid:  Both Atkins and Ray Peat mention that high HDL can be indicative of low thyroid function.  Peat goes further and asserts that high HDL and low LDL can be more predictive of cancer.  Peat also claims that LDL is the "beneficial" cholesteral.  With so many conflicting views -- it's hard to know what to believe.  And Todd, I am concerned that my life insurance company will not care about HDL levels, just the fact that my total cholesteral is "high".