From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:01:15 -0700
At 07:06 AM 4/17/99 -0700, Mary wrote:

>I have an apple tree, several actually, in my suburban yard, and can't
>believe how much better the "home grown" apples taste.
>
>Why is this?

Probably no storage? and picked ripe.

>ps How can we propagate wild blackberries? They grow native here along the
>creeks and I was wondering if I could cut off a shoot and try to propagate
>it in my yard, or what?

Blackberries tip root, at least the Himalayan Evergreen blackberries do, which
are the invasive exotic variety throughout the northwest coast. (Delicious
though.)
Loosen up some moist soil at the creek, bend the tip of a few branches
down till the ends poke into the soil, and weight them with a rock to keep
them there. After a couple of weeks, pull them out and see if they are
rooting.
If they are, cut them a good way up the branch, and plant them in a bed
at home.

Good luck. Tell me how it goes.

Susan