Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:15:28 -0700
Adrienne > Didn't Phinney's study on ketogenic diets and athletes use
a  dairy-free paleo -- meat fat water diet plus sodium/mineral supp?
If so, I  wonder why he didn't extrapolate in this book for those who
wish to avoid  dairy?

You know it's a fine question.  My stock answer would be that their
editor felt like doing so would be to harsh, too difficult a regimen
to follow for the average reader.  But they self published and
therefore had total and complete freedom.

All of this may bother me less because I'm not the type to follow in
any way a suggestion menu or meal plan.  I'm somewhat independent by
nature and like to absorb principles and design my own diets from
there.  I always ignore chapters like Chapter 17 in any diet books I
read.  And, boy, using their principles with nothing more than bacon,
eggs, 75% lean grassfed burger, lettuce, a little lemon juice, and
lots of good water has so far worked wonders for me.

Jim