From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:58:39 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:
"Are you taking estrogen in addition to progesterone (HRT)?  I'd suggest
dropping the
estrogen and going only for progesterone (prometrium ONLY or one of the
creams)."

The problem with this suggestion is that not only do you need estrogen
for hundreds of reactions throughout the body, but without an estrogen
peak you don't produce the progesterone receptors needed to utilize the
progesterone. Estrogen and progesterone do a monthly dance -- estrogen
creates progesterone receptors and progesterone creates estrogen
receptos. I personally take both transdermal bio-identical estradial and
progesterone in physiologic amounts in a cyclical fashion. (see TS
Wiley's Sex, Lies and Menopause)

Theola, I know you said you take fish oil -- but what kind and in what
amounts. Also do you do any flax oil?

Also given the wide spread nature of your pain -- it sounds like
something more systemic, rather than wear and tear. Have you ever done
an elimination diet or been checked for food sensitivities? My daughter
had some blood work done last year and she mounts an IgG response to all
sorts of foods (even paleo stuff!) -- when she doesn't eat the offending
foods all her symptoms go away -- her symptoms ranged from IBS, muscular
pains, ADD, irritability, moodiness, etc.

Liz