From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:01:20 -0700
jlpresto wrote:

> David,
>
> Why do some people on this list seem to think that you should cook
> meat and chicken if it is not organic (supermarket bought, for
> example), but eat it raw if it is organic?

My understanding of organic meat is that the animal has been fed mostly
organic grains. Grains are not a natural staple food for them. What I
look for is no hormones, no antibiotics and grass fed. Some of the meat
I buy has been fed grain before slaughter. The purely grass fed is
harder to obtain and usually more expensive. I still prefer my meat raw
even if it comes from the supermarket.

> Does cooking it somehow reduce the unorganicness of it?

not in any way that I am aware

> Does anyone on this list eat NON-organic raw meat and chicken
> purchased from supermarkets or butchers?

I do eat supermarket meat raw but not often.