Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:55:21 +0000
Tom Bridgeland wrote:

> As you can see, you have fallen into one of the gray areas. Milk has
> been a big topic here recently, with opinions all over the board.
> Personally I am not as anti-milk as some on this list. Milk obviously
> makes babies bones grow, so it seems it does not always leach calcium
> from the bones. Milk drinking peoples also seem to be much larger and
> stronger boned than non milk drinkers, compare the Chinese with the
> Japanese, for example.
>
> The Japanese eat lots of boney fish and greens, which are supposed to
> be high in calcium (they chew the bones) but osteo is very prevelent
> among older women.

My Mom once broke her pelvis in a fall. Although its not a lady-killer
like a broken hip
the pain is excruciating and there is no cast or treatment except not
moving much. I have decided on
eating yoghurt, cottage cheese and goat cheeses(and maybe a little goat
milk now and then,I'm not sure)
plus calcium/mag. supplements just to be more sure. I wonder if ancient
man didnt eat a lot of marrow
which I *think* might be high in calcium. Although I know milk is not
paleo I'll eat it for now and keep
researching...I can always change my mind. The great thing for me is
having given up grains. If anything
has been a boon,its that. I feel so good,my constant fatigue is gone and
heeheehee, I'm thinner.
Now I need to know how to make cricket spring rolls,
Chris