From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:26:52 -0400
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Mary wrote:

> Has anyone had good results with paleo helping to reduce psoriasis?

Paleo did not help my psoriasis significantly.

>  I have tried to get her off all dairy but she's a stubborn friend! Anyway,
> could casein, even tiny traces,  be causing this, does anyone know about
> psoriasis?

Different things seem to work for different people, and there are
*lots* of things that seem to help at least a few, based on
anecdotes.

In my father's case, adding peanuts to his diet has cured his
psoriasis that he had for 40 or 45 years.  We have verified this
by having him eliminate peanuts for a few weeks, and it began to
return.  Added the peanuts back and it disappeared.  I have no
theory to account for this.

In my own case, oranges and tomatoes seem to trigger psoriasis,
if I eat them with any frequency.  Occasional consumption doesn't
seem to matter.  Many people report improvement by eliminating
beef from their diet, but this didn't do anything for me.

Todd Moody