From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:00:48 -0700
Hi Paleopeople,

I am having a really tough time finding real grass fed meat in BC.
For 10 years I have been eating 'wild' animals from a wild meat
cutter down the road. However, I had restless leg and itchiness for
most of the time. I found out that most of the wild meat in Canada
(that I was eating anyway), has been farmed, hence grain fed.
So, I have been experimenting with ranched grass fed meat. I just
found out that these cows are supplemented with kelp which is
detrimental for some celiacs like me.
Well..this is enough iodine to affect my thyroid severely. I woke up
this morning after eating a portion of this kelp fed meat and I am so
weak I can barely walk. I have carpel tunnel and back pain. I am
having heart palpitations too. It is hard to believe that kelp could
affect someone so much but it sure does.
Is there any animal left that is truly grass fed?
I am finding it hard to stay paleo with no meat available.
Is a vegan diet an option because that is all I have left to eat!

Paleobest,
Susan