From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:13:21 -0600
My mother "rebelled" against her religious upbringing at age 19. She
only
sporadically attended church during the next 50 years. A year ago she
chose
to return to the faith of her childhood. This time she is learning her
faith's teachings because she wants to and not because she has to. For
her,
this has been a good thing. She has become a calmer more centered,
stable
individual. She is definitely not the mother I remember as a small
child (we
were separated for 8 of my childhood years). This is what works for
her. I
don't believe in many of the teachings of her church and she doesn't
believe
in my choice of paleo BUT we have no arguments about either. We each
accept
the other person's choices. Even though her diet is SAD, she is
healthier
than she was before returning to her faith because she no longer has
the
emotional turmoil and anger she was experiencing. BTW, no one in the
family
has said anything negative about either of our choices although we
both get
a little light-hearted teasing that doesn't bother us.

Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb