Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:49:43 -0500
Jim Swayze wrote:
> I am not the first to point out here that the Bible appears to capture
> the memory of our transition from paleolithic to neolithic.  It's been
> discussed on this list in the past.  Well, many of you remember the
> story in Genesis of Cain and Abel, where in the first murder Cain kills
> his brother Abel out of jealousy that God rejected Cain's offering of
> grains for Abel's offering of meat:
>
> "Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground."
snip

Genesis is one of four such creation stories that I know of - the others
are the scraps of remnants in the Eddas
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/poe04.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/pre/index.htm

, Enuma Elish
http://www.crivoice.org/enumaelish.html

, and the downloadable DVD "Zeitgeist".
http://ia350619.us.archive.org/2/items/ZEITGEIST_DVD/ZEITGEIST.iso

Allegorical (or parables?) except Zeitgeist, which shows them to be
mostly astrophysics. Hard to understand, because we don't yet know much
about astrophysics, and much of what science does know is wrong.
I've tried to use "As above, so below", supposed to a principle of the
Freemasons.

What could be relevant to us is the "Mark of the Beast" which God put on
Cain and his heirs and successors - jowls, double chins and rolls of fat
at the back of the neck, showing excess carbohydrate consumption.

IMHO. Best guess.

I. Velikovsky knew more than I, but I've forgotten if he listed his sources.

William