From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:45:14 PST
Mary

I process the entire deer myself.  Relying on a butcher shop would
offset the savings of hunting.  As for organs, I cut out the kidneys for
the ranch dogs, and the liver is in my freezer - haven't decided if that
is for me or the dog yet.  The only other organ I would consider is the
heart, which I forgot.  I haven't been trying to use the bones, other
than give ribs to my Dad's dog.  I haven't tried marrow yet. ( though I
plan to )  The problem is that white-tail deer are not that large, and I
think trying to get the marrow out would be a waste of time.  Is there
any other use for the bones.  If I had the means, I would grind them for
bone meal, but I would probably give it to the dogs & cats.  Is this
something you would eat?  If you have any suggestions to better utilize
the whole animal, let me know - I will be happy to answer any more
questions.

                                  -Rob