Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:56:03 -0800
Todd, thanks for your guidance.  Assuming that a paleo
diet is followed, do you think calorie deficit is more
important than ketosis for losing weight? If so, it
would seem a good idea to eat enough low-fat protein
to maintain muscle mass and fill up with lower carb
veggies and an occasional fruit.  If I were to lower
fat (too keep a calorie deficit) without loading up on
low cal veggies, I think I would be very hungry.  Are
you familiar with the Zone (or 40-30-30) diet?  Would
a paleo version of that be good for losing weight in
that it is low calorie but allows enough non-starchy
carbs not to be hungry.